wibiya widget

Friday, September 7, 2012

Jessica Simpson uses her battle with weight to inspire all women

Jessica Simpson is used to being scrutinized for her body.  The singer-fashion mogul recently revealed in an interview with USA Today that her baby weight hasn’t just fallen off like many women experience.  "I let myself indulge in everything I wanted because it was the first time I was ever pregnant,” Simpson said. “I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to be happy and eat what I wanted." 

Simpson gave birth to her daughter, Maxwell Drew on May 1, 2012.  In March, Simpson had given information that she was already 170 pounds, with the birth of her daughter she was faced with the task of dropping weight, “I didn’t realize it didn’t all come off with the baby.”

Simpson signed a $4 million deal with Weight Watchers to be their spokesperson and help her shed the extra baby pounds. The first commercial will air next week around the same time as her September 10, 2012, interview with Katie Couric.  Simpson will be revealing her post-pregnancy figure on Couric's new show.

READ MY ARTICLE ON THE EXAMINER: http://www.examiner.com/article/jessica-simpson-uses-her-battle-with-weight-to-inspire-all-women

For those who may be skeptical of the success of Weight Watchers, Simpson told USA Today, “I’ve lost weight every single week."  Simpson is eating well but let the world know, “I don’t believe in completely depriving myself.”

Simpson also spoke about how she shed the pounds with Weight Watchers.  When she first started Weight Watchers, she allowed herself 34 points a day (for example, fresh fruits and vegetables count as zero points), but after weaning Maxwell off breastfeeding, she's now down to 28 points.
Simpson still allows for sweet treats in her life,"I'm a woman who wants her chocolate," she says. "I allot myself a fun-size [bag of] M&Ms. I eat one of those, and my craving is satisfied. I don't need the whole bag of M&Ms."

In addition to eating a balanced diet Simpson also does 60 minutes of cardio each day. "My boobs are way too big to run at this point, I’m just walking.”  According to her Pedometer she takes between 10,000 to 14,000 steps every day.

Lastly, Simpson sees what she is doing as being a role model for all women who may struggle with their weight.  "I feel like everybody can do what I am doing.  I'm not a supermodel. My body is not bouncing back like a supermodel. I'm just your everyday woman who is trying to feel good and be healthy for her daughter, her fiancé, and herself.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...