wibiya widget

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

One of My Greatest Discoveries by Brook Eneas


One of the most challenging times in my life was right out of college where for the very first time in my life, I was faced with “me.”  Here I was single, educated and confused and trying to figure out who I was seemed nearly impossible in a world that could really care less. 

It was during this time that I cried the most and prayed the hardest. 
It was during this time that I realized that I was carrying hurt from my past that had been hidden from plain sight. 
It was during this time that I came to grips with some of my fears, character flaws, idiosyncrasies and gifts. 
It was during this time that I surrendered. 

As a mother, I have come to really appreciate that time in my life because it has served as a foundation for me personally and especially my household. It helped me to prioritize the things that are most important to me, shifted my perspective on my value and it placed me on a different path toward my destiny. Over the past decade, I have spoken to countless girls and women about self-discovery only to realize that there are only a few who have really taken time to know themselves. Many women are stuck in careers that they hate, in marriages where they feel alone, and in circles where they wear masks. Teenage girls are searching for themselves too but often times get caught up in the “rebelling/exploring” cycle, the “good girl” cycle, or the “vanity” cycle all the while struggling to really figure out who they are. 

While self-discovery is a life long journey, it starts with a single step. Making time to be alone in the presence of God is one of the greatest things we as moms can do. Ultimately, He is the only one who really knows you simply because He made you. Challenge yourself to endure through this time of exploration because not only will it benefit you, but everyone around you. It’s time for you to discover the greatest you ever. 



Brook Marie Eneas @dgiinspired, has an uncommon gifto inspire women and girlsto livtheir dreamthrough her passion as a life coachfitness coachand motivational speaker.  www.dgiinspired.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...