wibiya widget

Friday, August 24, 2012

Glam on the Go for Stiletto Mommies!

By Tiffany Jeffers, Beauty Expert


If you are a Mommy in Stilettos like me, then you know that looking like it sometimes can be a challenge! Between baby spit up, baby powder and other unmentionable items we have to deal with, our own grooming and beauty can be last on our list of things to do. However, it is extremely important to our health and sanity that we take at least 15 precious minutes each day to ourselves that are dedicated to making ourselves look and feel beautiful.

Now, that you have stopped chuckling, please know that I understand how daunting that task may be for you. But trust me, I have learned to fight for those moments and have even learned that my “Mommy Time” may not happen at the same time every day, however I have to be creative in making sure it happens for me…EVERY day! Why, because I deserve it…and so do you!

So, how do we make the most of our “Mommy Time?” Well, I will list a few tips that help me when I am able to grasp them…and each of these things take a few moments to do, so group them together as they fit for you!
1. This is an everyday thing…cleanse, tone and moisturize your skin. Your skin will thank you! The first place we show our age is on our face. So take the few moments and get your skin clean and fresh. Moisturizing the skin is important because each day you shed cells and your skin can become dull and dry. I like to use cleansers and moisturizers with little kicks in them like orange zest or caffeine even. These help me to feel more awake even if I have been up all night with the baby…or the two year old who sneaks in our bed.




2. Put on a little “face”. This is a quick and easy way to look fresh and feel that way too. Start with a great foundation. One that has SPF so that when you go outside, it will give you some protection from the sun. Then add a little shadow. I like to use something with gold in it because it gives my eyes a little pop and I don’t need to add anything more than that. Then just add a little mascara to open your eyes. The last step is a nice gloss to your lips. You won’t believe how doing just that can really brighten your face.

3. Paste a mantra on your mirror while you do this regimen and repeat it until you feel it! You can have it say something like “I am beautiful no matter what everything else looks like”. I say this…and then I ignore the piling laundry, pull on my pants that may be a bit snug still, carry my 2 year old and go on with my day! Nothing and no one is perfect, its all a work in progress, so don’t down yourself. As long as you feel beautiful, it will show and it will be contagious!

Remember ladies, its only 15 minutes, but it is valuable time that you need every day to STAY BEAUTIFUL!


Tiffany Jeffers has been a freelance make up artist for more than ten years.  She is the CEO of Sylk Cosmetics located in Owings Mills, Maryland.  Sylk Cosmetics carry their own line of cosmetics, have in house photography and host events. www.sylkcosmetics.us

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...